RFID technology has led to a revolution in File/document tracking. It is especially useful in scenarios where the documents are of high value to the organization and the loss of which can impact profitability heavily. AreteInfo offers the latest RFID technology to track files/documents. Each resource is affixed with tags and its information is mapped to the tag id. Readers are the device that sense tags and they are stationed at strategic locations like entrance/exits; server rooms; labs etc and they are connected with the internal network. The readers interrogate the tags when they come in the vicinity and send the information to the central server where the information is converted into business logic. Using AreteInfo’s File Tracker, the information can be viewed from any where in the globe.
The basic idea of RFID to track documents is as follows:
- Each document is tagged with an RFID tag in the form of an adhesive label.
- Staff may also be issued RFID cards as identification for checking of documents.
- Handheld readers may be moved over shelves, piling cabinets or piles of documents to take quick inventory or to locate any misplaced document.
Benefits of File/Document Tracking solution:
- Effective Document Tracking Mechanism
- Improves Inventory Management
- Cost Reduction
- Frequent stock taking possible
- Automated tracking of assets
- Track mobile assets
- Provides Security