Employee Tracking Solution is a method of tracking employees includes prompting a user for identification input, validating the identification input, receiving data from a first scan of a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag upon initiation of a task, receiving data from a second scan of the RFID tag upon termination of the task, and uploading the identification input and the data of the first and second scans to a server computer system for storage and correlation. AreteInfo’s Employee Tracker solution is used to know the whereabouts of the employees of an organization. Complete process of RFID based employee tracking involves the following points:
- RFID readers and antennas would be placed inside the false ceiling over the key entry/exit points.
- Employees would be given Active RFID cards.
- As soon as an employee with an RFID cards crosses any of the key entry/exit points, he will be tracked by the RFID reader and antennas placed in the false ceiling above that particular entry/exit points.
- All the RFID readers would be connected to a central server through TCP/IP network.
- Server module of the Employee Tracker application would be running on the central server which will receive the communication from the RFID readers on the TCP/IP port.
- Server application would store the data in the database, maintain the history and will also do the correlation if required.
- Server application will also expose the data in a predefined format at a predefined time interval which can be utilized by the other applications.